Another Breed question. Someone said she is a Kelso.

familyov8

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2020
Anyone know about this breed, a group on Facebook says she a Kelso. She is a bully to my 7 Barred Rocks, then attacked my new rooster when he got introduced but he put her in line. She is sitting on another new hens eggs and then pecked at them when I tried to grab them, and destroyed one before I was able to get her out of the nesting box.
IMG_0301.JPEG
IMG_0318.JPEG
IMG_0320.JPEG
IMG_0321.JPEG

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I believe that Kelsos are a strain of American Game. Usually physical traits don't differentiate the strains, rather their breeding based on perpetuating certain fighting skills. It seems that Kelsos can have varying physical traits, but a common one is white or yellow legs which she has. If you were told she is a Kelso, I see no reason to question it :)

She looks like a Dom Gamefowl. Doms have two leg colors, yellow, & white. Combs vary between pea, & Single combs.
Dom is another name for gamefowl with the barring gene. They would be crele looking. I believe that dom is short for Dominique and is more of a color description and it's considered a "less-desirable" color. Kelsos also come in pea or single combs with white or yellow legs. I am really thinking Kelso seems the most likely because they're also a common strain

Back
Top Bottom