Another "buddy"

woodmort

RIP 1938-2020
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Last winter it was an owl this year it is a gold finch. I guess I have a way with birds. He was on the deck between the house and feeder and hopped up on my finger--sat there for about 5 minutes--long enough for DW to get a couple of photos and then flew to the feeder

A close-up. BTW note the color--many people don't realize they change color in the fall. My SIL insisted they all flew south for the winter when she had dozens at her feeder.

That is sweet! I've always liked birds. Never been that close to any before though. The city pigeons eating out of my hand are about as up and personal as I've gotten with our feathered friends before, and they don't exactly count as anything special. :p

ETA: I think your place looks beautiful with the snow as well! The finch looks pretty suited to the scenery. :lol:

Last edited:
Awwww, woodmort!
love.gif

Beautiful pictures!

Goes to show that our feathered friends do well in the cold without heat lamps, doesn't it? If those itty bitty birds make it through the winter, I am sure our big ol' feathered chickens will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom