Another dog post - with a final ring.

Dave,
Was wandering what had happened..so very sorry about what has gone on.... you were mia for a while....but where is that pause button on the head buffing kitty noggin?? have we figured that out??? I do think your head has been buffed to perfection!!!!

Dogs are dogs........................

Quote:
This is so true. I love my dogs and the one I absolutely adore is a proven bird killer. She's never been given the opportunity to be near the chickens, but she has killed enough song birds in the past.
sad.png

DaveARoo - I'm sorry about all your birds!

I'll add my condolences to the rest. I think I have an inkling of how you feel, Dave. While I was looking for a missing Siamese cat of ours (later found her drowned in our above ground pool; only thing I can figure is she must have been chasing a bug on the deck or up the stairs and fell in
hit.gif
) in my haste and upset state I must have accidentally left the door to the finch cage unlatched (or one particularly sneaky 'tiel unfastened it, which has happened before I got the different kind of latch). I came back into the house to find one dead diamond dove, 3 dead adult society finches and one dead youngster/baby society finch. My cats NEVER bother the cockatiels, conure, or AGray, but those quick movements and fluttering wing sounds of the finches must have pushed them over the edge. I can't blame the cats (well, I can, and did, but most of the blame is mine), but it hurts nonetheless. I'm sorry for your loss.

edited for typo

Last edited:
So sorry about your birds, David! Hope you will take a little break while all of us can dance on your head "chickies, chickies.....dont go without the chickies!"
lol.png
Sooner or later, you will get a couple more before the snow arrives!

Dog Tai Foo may be the greatest thing you will ever eat LOL! Sorry I never had eaten dogs but my sister almost took a bite until her ex told her what it was when she was stationed in Korea! Some of her male friends in the Army had sampled it and said it was good but different.

I had a stupid collie that kept going into the electric fence FOUR times before he decided not to touch it again LOL!

Yep, the electric fence is a VERY serious pizzer! Might give your pings a rattle!
wink.png

Quote:
that's not very nice!

Cherry, are you familiar with Davearoo's sense of humor (I use the term loosly!)
wink.png
That's not something I see him taking offense to.

Davearoo- I don't know what makes me sadder. The fact that you lost your flock, or that you're not getting any more hens. Hopefully you'll continue contributing to this site. It's just not the same with out you.

mom'sfolly :

Dave, in honor of the Olympics and in memory of your chickies, I think dog stew might be in order. I'm sure if you searched the internet you could find some dandy fine recipes. Sorry about your chickies....

Thanks. Better watch it, though. Youre gonna be branded as a pot stirrer with that Olympics/Chinese comment.
Yessir, a real troublemaker.

I want to thank all of you for your support here. I didn't want to turn this into a pity party and Im glad it hasn't. Buff Hooligans - I took no offense at anything you've said and know you have a big heart. I dont care what anyone says, to me you are OKAY and plenty nice.

Dogs are dogs, folks, hideous beasts with no true sense of propriety or fidelity. Thats how it is. Oh, sure, they put on a good show. But they are one "begaaawk" away from unsheathing the fang.
I knew this going in and for the record this is NOT the first massacre I've incurred. You long time BYC'ers will recall the first one. This time I tried something different... and it failed. That's all.

Let me say that training is of limited value. Much, Im certain, depends on the breed of dog and the right canine might be more amenable to training. Mine were not, within the confines of my yard. As it now turns out, they are officially out of chances. There will be no more training - unless it is with a hot wire to the nose. They are now officially outcasts to me.​

Last edited:
Ah, David, I just came across this post. I'm really sorry about the chickens.

DH and I are glad we came across this forum before venturing into chickens. I have the same breed as Ninjapoodle and that dog proved he's not trustworthy around poultry this spring.

At the time it was funny, no harm was done and it was a great learning experience for all of us. Dog learned not to mess with wild mama turkey when she's got a whole mess of babies. I learned that when the coop and fencing go up, hot wire has to be a part of it. It will save us a whole lot of heartache.

Here's to hoping some biddies appear in your yard before too long.

Michele.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom