Another EE posing as an Araucana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pixie12, May 6, 2009.

1. pixie12

pixie12 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Hi,

We bought this guy at a swap meet, along with 3 others like it - offically our 1st chickens! They said they are Araucanas, but from reading posts here, that can't be possible. What do you think we have?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one of our RIRs. We have another that looks just like him(?) and two others with a less pronounced comb. What do you think?

[​IMG]

1st post w/ pics, they may not go through.

Thanks!

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Yep, definitely an Easter egger, probably a pullet. The little RIR looks like a male, and the one near the bottom of the pic does too. I hope the two with less comb are females!

3. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    Quote:Exactly what she said! Looks like she was with a feather picker....something fierce? Poor baby. I'm so glad she's in good hands with you. Congrats! Pretty girls and boys you have.

4. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    definitely an easter egger pullet with very pretty green legs!

and probably a roo for the rir!

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Does she have a tail? It looks like maybe she doesn't? Also can't tell whether or not she has tufts; it sort of looks like there may be the beginnings of small ones, but the angle is poor to being able to tell.

She has a body type that looks like an araucana, but I'm not quite sure about the transverse penciling on her back, and what variety she is.

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Look at her pretty green legs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by