Another freakin dog fight thread....gross/graphic pics pg 3&4

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I've seen at least two other dogfight threads on here, and I'm sorry to have to post another one.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, our small female dog has been attacking our male. Usually it's just a little bit of a dominance thing here and there, and we keep them separate for the most part. Well, today they went at it, she went after him for him just standing there. Now I have two dogs that are torn up. Her face has some lacerations on it, and his leg has some skin missing. I CANNOT AFFORD A VET, PERIOD.

These are my questions:
What can I give dogs for pain that isn't from a vet?

Can I put Blu-Kote on the wounds?

What the heck else do I do, cause I'm so upset and lost right now I can't even think straight!

Thanks, everyone....I'm currently re-reading the previous dog threads, but if someone can answer these questions quicker than I can find the answers please post!

Last edited:
asprin for pain- I will have to look up the dosage, but it goes by weight. Don't know about Blu-Kote, but keep the wounds open to drain. I would flush them out with saline solution- I mix my own or use the stuff in a bottle if I am in a hurry. Keep a close eye on them, and if you see signs of infection, look into some injectable antibiotics at your feed store. Good luck- hope it all turns out ok
hugs.gif

oh, i am so sorry this happened!

i do believe the blu-kote is okay for the wounds. also, i THINK you can give dogs 'Tylenol'. you have to be careful, though because of their kidneys.

my vet had me give Tylenol when my dog had surgery, after she went through A WINDOW and sliced her leg. i just dunked it in peanut butter.

no matter what, i would double check with a vet, only because i would hate to see more happen to your loved pet!

Thanks for the replies, once I get them cleaned up (if it's possible) I'll try to post some pics so I can get some opinions from everyone. I'm really worried about the female, cause she got her face pretty chewed on. I want so badly to be really mad at her for starting the fight, but I feel so bad for her I can't help it. She was our rescue, and I don't want her to lose her eye or get a horrible infection!

Does anyone know of an over-the-counter antibiotic I could give them? I don't know if I can get one from a vet, these dogs don't ever have to go so we don't have a regular vet.

Back
Top Bottom