Another Gender Post

Patch6713

Chirping
May 15, 2019
Upstate NY
So I was given these two Call mallard ducks a month or so ago. I was told they were two males. The first picture you can see the green head of the duck while the other one has much more of a gray head. Also, it's tough to see but the duck with the green head has a white ring on its neck. It also has more colorful feathers, but not by much. The other ducks is more gray overall.
As far as I know they are about 4-5 month old. I can't really tell a difference in their quacking sounds however they are very binder and stay close together and like to stay away from me so it's tough to tell who makes what noise. No eggs yet (because that would be an obvious give away).
Any thoughts? Because I have mine.

IMG_20190917_153342907.jpg
IMG_20190917_153345759.jpg
IMG_20190917_153435003.jpg
IMG_20190917_153443898.jpg

I would also say you have a lovely pair.
Listen to my ducks on this video. Mostly what you hear are the females. They are always louder. At around :42 seconds, a female quacks loud. Have you heard anything like this?
Yes. Hear that all the time. I assumed they both do it, never have paid attention to which one has done it. I was told when I was given them that Call ducks were loud so I just assumed it was normal. I knew females were louder but assumed males made the same quack.

Yes. Hear that all the time. I assumed they both do it, never have paid attention to which one has done it. I was told when I was given them that Call ducks were loud so I just assumed it was normal. I knew females were louder but assumed males made the same quack.

Then definitely a pair :) Your female is probably drowning out the sounds of your male, haha.

Back
Top Bottom