Another goat kidding question

BeardedChick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
The Witness Protection Program
Ummm, my doe has mucous showing. She's due around April 1. She looks lax over her topline. Bag is full, but not tight.

When do I start taking her seriously?

Prolly won't take her for a hike up and down the hill tomorrow...

mine had mucus there last couple weeks, the bag will start to fill then too, keep an eye on the udder actually a feel on it, especially a few days before she is due, when it gets tight they usually go in 12 hours or so, her mucus will get runnier before she delivers, but goats are like people they can fool you, mine have all week!

The dead giveaway with mine was the posty legs. She was that way for about 24hrs before kidding.

Well, that makes me feel better.

I need a day or two to prepare. Her stall needs to be completely raked and given fresh bedding, and I want to pick up some O/B gloves and such at the farm store.

Sidenote: She dug her evening hay flakes into a nest, which she hasn't done before.

They're very straight and stiff looking. The hock doesn't stick out at an angle like usual, but instead their back legs are dead straight. They walk around like a person would if they locked their knees!

She told me the 29th, but i'm not sure how many days she was counting. Taking that as the earliest date possible, I think she kidded around day 153 which I read was the most common.

Sorry, that last post was as clear as mud
tongue.png
I think Dizzy kidded 4 or 5 days after the date she gave me.

I have a doe who has had some mucus off and on for a few weeks now but still hasn't kidded. She just likes to tease I think.

Back
Top Bottom