Another horrible week- I'm not sure my heart can take this!!

Kezzie

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Coastal Georgia
I'm sorry for posting another frustrated/sad thread but no one else seems to understand why I'm upset (certainly not the USPS).

Last week, I had my very first McMurray shipment come on Tuesday (3 days after shipment). There were supposed to be 26, they shipped 21, and between DOA's and ones lost in the first 48 hours, I only had six left. I did everything I could based on reading these threads for the weak ones but they just didn't make it.

McMurray sent a replacement batch on Saturday. I was hoping it would come Monday this time but now it's Tuesday and they're not here (and I've been told they won't come today now). To make matters worse, I checked the tracking and the only entry is that they were received at St. Paul MN at 1 am on Saturday- which must mean they were shipped on FRIDAY!

When they do show up, I'm going to have a box of dead chicks. No one can help me locate them. The post office says it's McMurray's fault, McMurray says it's the post office's fault. And 26 baby chicks are slowly dying in a box god knows where.

I know the final fault rests with me because I ordered from so far away. And I was realistic that there were going to be losses because of it. But I can't be responsible for the deaths of dozens of baby chicks. It's hurting my heart.

Sorry for rambling but I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to call me back. I feel kind of helpless right now.

So sorry to hear that!
hugs.gif

I cannot even imagine how it would be waiting for chicks for that long! Let us know what happens.

I personally believe that due to the nature of the order, McMurray should make it their business to fix the issue.

Edited to say... I'm sure I'm just preaching to the choir though.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I makes me worried to hear thing like this. My 1st order in due mid April. I hope everything turns out good. Maybe you'll here something back soon.
hu.gif

I see you live in Georgia. McMurry is in Iowa. I live in Florida and so far have ordered all my chicks from Ideal which is in Texas (not so far to ship). So far I have only lost one chick and it was sick when I got them.

Listen, it's not your fault. Not at all. I would personally put the blame mostly on the Postal Service, since McMurray sends them out and then they are out of their hands. But either way, it's most certainly not your fault.

That said, it must be terrible to go through all this. I know I would be out of my mind. I am new to chickens myself and I've had my chicks from McMurray for four weeks now and for at least a month before they arrived, I had nightmares that I wouldn't be prepared for them and they would all start dying one by one as I ran around trying to make them a home. That or they all arrived dead. But, in the end, my shipment went very smoothly, arrived early, and all were alive. I was lucky, but if I were in your situation I would be out my mind by now. I'm so sorry you're going through this!
hugs.gif

Since it sounds like it's not going to go well for you... have you considered looking to buy chicks from a local feed store or breeder? Many of the feed stores buy them from places like McMurray anyway (you can always ask) and you can go pick out your chicks and take them home the same day.... I'm just thinking out loud. Good luck to you no matter what. Let us know how this turns out for you.

Oh, goodness. I hope the chicks arrived safely & you feel better soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

That is crazy. I live in WI and order mine all from Ideal in Texas and never had a dead chick. Sometimes they make it to my house in ONE day but most of the time two but never over that. Both McMurray (NOT sending on Friday for sure) and the PO need to get their act together and get those babies to where they are suppose to go quickly. Poor babies dying a slow death is just horrible! So sorry you have to get that box when it finally does arrive.
sad.png
That is so sad.

I ordered chicks, due the week of the 16th. Called McMurray today to see if they knew when they would be shipped, anything. I was told that they would hatch on Saturday and depending if it was morning or afternoon would determine when it was shipped. (Either before noon or evening) So, please wish those baby chicks luck!

I am SO sorry hun-- I got ours from Ideal in Texas, And I am all the way in Michigan-- not one dead baby--- so this is THEIR fault-- the combines ineptness of both McMurray's and the USPS.

Please tell me you DID call the company and tell them that the tracking has shown them sitting somewhere!

THEY have the responsibility to get with the USPS and get this straightened out-- they can't afford these kind of things, not only in losses, but also since a LOT of their new business is by word-of-mouth! They have a reputation to uphold-- remind them of it!!!!
Wouldn't hurt to mention you belong to this site and that MANY members are watching to see how this gets handled!!!

wink.png

Back
Top Bottom