Another newbie!

Sprayone

Chirping
Jun 15, 2017
Hi, everyone. I have been watching back yard chickens for some time now. Mainly, looking at all the great coop ideas. For you see, I decided last year to get back into gardening again after leaving my beautiful two and half acre home-site and garden in Florida twenty seven years ago. I tried to start a garden where I am now, but, just couldn't do it for various reasons.
But, retirement is coming and I need a garden again. So, I have almost finished my new coop and run. I will get the pictures up on it shortly. Don't have any chickens yet, but, they are coming from my wife's niece. She has several she is willing to part with for me to get started. Need the coop and it needs being secure first.
I have been eating pasture feed eggs for months and i can not wait to have my own. Stay in touch and we will begin a new adventure on our 1/2 acre homestead.

Hello and welcome to BYC. Great to hear about your plans - best of luck.
CT

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com.

You may want to check out this film on gardening too:
Back To Eden Organic Gardening Film | How to Grow a Vegetable ...
Thank you KikisGirls. I watched that film last year and it got my blood flowing again! I love Paul's ideas and since he has been doing it for many years, he has proven it works. I have viewed everyone of L2Survive's video's on Paul's garden. Wow! That is exciting.

I also view multiple vlog's that start with Appalica's Homestead on the east coast all the way to Starry Hilder's channel. I wish I could retire now, like right now, and do nothing else but farm.

Thank you. That looks very interesting.

I have built seven 4 x 8 raised beds last year and have a 13 x 20 BTE garden in the yard. Just like in Florida, I am having to build up my soil with compost. Hoping the chickens can help with the composting too. We just bought the 1/4 acre lot next door to expand our homestead. So, we are now on our way to trying to be self sufficient. My wife doesn't see things the way I do, but, at least she agreed to help me get the lot. Now she wants to put in an outdoor kitchen and seating area for guest in the lot. (It is on the big water of a huge beautiful lake. My work is cut out for me to clear it and get it ready for a permaculture garden.

Back
Top Bottom