Another Pullet or Roo Sapphire Gem! Would love help.

Ovruinn

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
Hello everyone! I bought this little one from TSC as a pullet, but upon getting home noticed a hidden white spot right on his/her little noggin that wasn’t obvious under the heat lamps there. As this little mystery has started growing up, I’ve really started wondering if I might have a roo. I’m almost hoping I do, to be honest! I have no experience with Sapphire Gems, and haven’t had chickens since I was a little girl, so I’m enjoying learning again. I also realize 3 weeks is probably too early to tell definitively, but I was hoping someone with more experience could help us out. This wee one’s name is Violet, and we’ve been joking about changing the name to “Violent” if we have a cockerel on our hands :lol:

Pics from recent to right after I brought this season’s babies home.

IMG_1331.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_0787.jpeg

Probably. Male sapphire gems are barred, so since that is a barred blue bird out of a Sapphire Gem bin, I think it's safe to say it's a cockerel.

Probably. Male sapphire gems are barred, so since that is a barred blue bird out of a Sapphire Gem bin, I think it's safe to say it's a cockerel.
The bin was supposed to be all pullets, but I guess this is a tale as old as time a this point lol

Going by the recent with that big pink combs. I'm assuming it's a single comb? I'd almost go cockerel.

Have a better pic of its comb-front, side?
Just got these a few minutes ago. I don’t even think there’s a question now 😆

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1459.jpeg
    IMG_1459.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 11

Back