Another question about niacin deficiency

Pics

Lacy3816

Chirping
Mar 28, 2020
So my little duck I think has this deficiency but I had another post where I was told to buy liquid b complex which I am going to do tomorrow morning but I was wondering if one of the symptoms would include at the joint on one leg is hot to the touch and stiff but the other one is fine. I moved the hurt leg just wondering if this would be the reason for the hot leg and no she isn’t too hot

This deficiency people talk about actually isn't scientifically prooved. I can honestly say I have never in 4 years used niacin or vitamins on my Ducks or Ducklings. I have raised hundreds in 4 years.
Sadly they can develop issues depending on what they are bred for. Ducklings can suffer shipping injuries or fail to thrive.

How do explain all the ducklings that have recovered from near death with the use of vitamin B?

How do explain all the ducklings that have recovered from near death with the use of vitamin B?
I know. I had some that had such an incredible turn around. It was like a miracle. I actuallt named that baby miracle. I had one that couldn't walk at all, it just rolled around kicking its legs. It couldn't walk or anything. I gave it the B Complex. In an hour and a half it was sitting up on its own, in the morning I couldn't tell it apart from the others.

Sometimes people need to realize they don’t know more than professionals John Metzer and in Storeys guide to Raising ducks talks about the importance of niacin an what can happen if there is a deficiency. When we have an issue with one of our duckling most of us will rally around an try to offer advise and support. We know some don’t make it but that doesn’t mean we say cull or put in the freezer alive as I have read some do. Every life deserves a chance and I give accolades to @Lacy3816 for trying to help her little one survive. Most here are with you all the way.

This deficiency people talk about actually isn't scientifically prooved. I can honestly say I have never in 4 years used niacin or vitamins on my Ducks or Ducklings. I have raised hundreds in 4 years.
Sadly they can develop issues depending on what they are bred for. Ducklings can suffer shipping injuries or fail to thrive.
But recently you said you do not treat ducklings you just cull them, so how would you know of it helps or not?
And you also seid you do not go by the scientific books anyway

Last edited:
The other one named penny died in my hands she didn’t want to eat and I might have done something wrong she was tiny too and she acted like she was choking and I tried my all even blowed in her mouth while she was gasping for air and finally took a last breath and passed😢 me and my kids cried and buried her.

I'm so sorry. I'm pulling for this adorable baby to gain strength and overcome this.

Swollen or hot hock joints can be a sign of a niacin deficiency, which can cause perosis (slipped tendon)
perosis_3.JPG

perosis_1.JPG

perosis niacin_1.png

Such a precious little one ❤ you started the b complex today? If it’s truly a niacin deficiency I’d say mid week or it could be sooner. Did you gently feel behind each knee for any difference between the 2?it could be an injury we can’t examine but either way the liquid b complex is supportive of muscle development in ducklings so it’s great to have her on it. I’d def let her be in warm water daily make it deep enough she can stand but also paddle around. Just don’t leave her alone at this age they can get water logged fast.

Sometimes people need to realize they don’t know more than professionals John Metzer and in Storeys guide to Raising ducks talks about the importance of niacin an what can happen if there is a deficiency. When we have an issue with one of our duckling most of us will rally around an try to offer advise and support. We know some don’t make it but that doesn’t mean we say cull or put in the freezer alive as I have read some do. Every life deserves a chance and I give accolades to @Lacy3816 for trying to help her little one survive. Most here are with you all the way.

Oh 😳 wow that’s cruel to do to animals that’s so sad I didn’t know people could do that without feeling.
Thank you guys for helping me and being there. 💕

Back
Top Bottom