Another Reason to Build a Full-Height Coop/Run

That hook laid you open with vengeance!!

You wouldn't think something blunt would make such a gash, would you?

I knew it was going to be an ER visit when I put a hand up and felt the hole. Especially since I knew I'd last had a tetanus shot back in 1998 or 99.

OUCH!!!!

How long do the staples have to stay in?

5 days.

Did you pass out? I would have.

No, I'm very good at putting the reaction off until after the crisis is over. I had a few wobbly moments and am going to go to bed in a few minutes, but I'm OK.

My main reaction was to be annoyed at myself for doing it and screwing up my plans to make homemade pesto sauce for the gaming group tonight.

You wouldn't think something blunt would make such a gash, would you?

I knew it was going to be an ER visit when I put a hand up and felt the hole. Especially since I knew I'd last had a tetanus shot back in 1998 or 99.

I have no idea HOW one of those hooks could do such damage.

I really hope you heal up quickly and don't have much pain from it. :hugs

I call all my structures "duck houses" these days. Both hubs and my son are over 6' tall and since I built the structures they need to duck.
I am going to be watching for any protrusions from screws or unused hooks and fixing those BEFORE we have an incident here.

I have no idea HOW one of those hooks could do such damage.

Yeah.

But that's where the 15yo found blood when we sent him to close up the run and put the fence back on.

He investigated and cleaned blood off the hook so I know it was that and not an errant screw from the metal roof.

Yeah.

But that's where the 15yo found blood when we sent him to close up the run and put the fence back on.

He investigated and cleaned blood off the hook so I know it was that and not an errant screw from the metal roof.

Oh I have no doubt it was the hook. No doubt at all. They look so harmless with their rounded bottom. Apparently that is just bait. 😳

I just need to check my up high but low enough to nail hubs for any unused hooks or screws sticking out.....especially in my garden shed since it did have hooks in the ceiling. No one needs a big gash in the head.

Oh my gosh! That looks like it's going to be so sore tomorrow. Hopefully you're not working and will be able to somewhat recoup tomorrow (well as much as one is able to). Is it more to the front, back, or center of your noggin? If you went to Moore Reg, I hope it wasn't a super long wait. I'll keep you in my thoughts and 🙏 as you recover

Same here!

She must have hooked into it good then kept on running!

All I did was stand up just a little too far.

I really have no clue how

Oh my gosh! That looks like it's going to be so sore tomorrow. Hopefully you're not working and will be able to somewhat recoup tomorrow (well as much as one is able to). Is it more to the front, back, or center of your noggin? If you went to Moore Reg, I hope it wasn't a super long wait. I'll keep you in my thoughts and 🙏 as you recover

Unfortunately, I am working. The doctor said that there was no risk of it opening up with the activities I described as part of my job. DH will be making dinner though.

Yes, Moore Regional. The wait was 3-4 hours, not great but not excessive since I wasn't gushing blood like you might expect from a head wound. I put an ice pack on it when I went into the house to tell DH. I think that they really need to expand the ER, but it wasn't as bad a wait as sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom