Another reason to raise your own...

This is the reason I switched to Buff Orps this year. Gentle, friendly, goes broody and good mothers and they are "loose feathered" so they are easy to pluck when processing.

Quote:
Teach them how to farm and raise their own food. Build their self reliance, don't make them reliant on genetically modified organisms supplied solely by huge agribusinesses.

Monsanto is no one's friend. :thun

Good Answer..........Thanks
clap.gif

I am a bio major and we are talking about this stuff right now.

The fact is about 70% of our food is from GMOs, most of the corn is a GMO. The best part is that the food does not have to be labeled and any type of food that has some corn product is a GMO.

However without GMOs we would not have things like insulin which is made by mutating bacteria. We do have to remember that it is not all bad.

I feel though that we should not be messing with our food supply but I can see where they think that they would be making things better as we are trying to prevent everyday things like fungus or insects from ruining our crops.

Insulin is created in a lab. With GM crops you're talking about growing things outside, in the big, wild world, in the open, not protected, no safeguards against cross pollination (look at what they tried to do to Percy Schmeiser up in Canada, thank goodness Monsanto is losing!! ), contaminating the germ plasm in the wild. Sorry, but that argument doesn't hold water with regards to GM crops.

Back
Top Bottom