another sick roo

the1much

Currently Birdless Hippy
11 Years
Jul 20, 2008
with maurice, the original space-cowboy
well,, my "big boy" roo i had problems with earlier got well!!
thanks allz
wink.png

NOW,, just a few hours ago i had a guy from a shop down the road bring me a big ole barred rock,,, and man does he have a BAD cold,,i think,, does the weezin, coughing,, and just looks like he feels terrible.
o.k. ,, from my lessons on the other, i've already given dude 1/2cc shot of antibiotics, did 2 drops of vet rx ( after i forced gaterade into him) down the throat, 1 on the nostrils, and rubbed a bit under each wing. it hasnt been cold here at all, so he has that going for him,,,,NOW,, is there anything else i can do for him? , that cough is bad,, and you can just here the fluid when he breathes.
Thanks in advane all
wink.png

Hey! Doesn't sound good. Definitely keep him away from your other chickens. I've seen, "chicken colds" contaminate a whole flock. Just be cautious. And bleach everything to be safe. I would give him ample antibiotics in his water and Tylan injections as well if you have any. Good luck!

Quote:
misting with oxine is a very good idea (you can even spray with a fine plant mister regular if you cannot get hold of a vaporizer) however I think it very unwise to use eucalyptus or vet RX as a mist.

Back
Top Bottom