ANOTHER Silkie owner needs help with gender...

allaboutdemchicks

Chapel Farms
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
Jemison, AL
Okay, I've done the "search" button up top. Looked, looked, and I read until my eyes cross. But I'm still not good at the guessing game. I just tell myself and you too... "I'm new at this....." and let you guys go for it. You will be better than me.

Anyone remember this a month ago?? Photo #1
339287312.jpg

Look at them now. See the one in the middle, I know he's a roo. All others are questionable. Photo #2
343403847.jpg

Photo #3
343403966.jpg

Photo #4
343404064.jpg

Photo #5
343403989.jpg

Okay, I know that no one will know for sure until eggs or crows. But these seven dwarfs have me stumped. These are from Bamachicken. Claudia

too early to say.
idunno.gif
good luck!\\Silkies are REALLY hard to tell gender.
wink.png

I think that the buff one looks like a male.

Claudia, I cannot tell from those pics. The wire in right over the comb area. Most of the time i can tell by the comb. If is is raised and you can feel a big sort of bump it might be a boy. Stance is very important and spikey feathers on crest that stick out backwards. Guess what. I have more hatching and I have a bunch incubating. White, black and buff. I am testing blue splash again too.

hey i wonder if you can tell gender by the way the feathers on the head stick up when they are babies? Maybe male's have tall feathers sticking up, and the females aren't so tall and sticking up???? i wonder.....
hu.gif
smile.png

Well, there are definately some with spikey feathers on their crest that look like they have hair gel making them stick up, and it will not go down. Notice the buff and the blue and I know one white...maybe two.

Well, nothing lost. I'm going to post again in another month.

ONE MORE SILKIE BREED QUestion..... I'm using a feed that is Manna Pro. Gamebird/showbird crumbles. I tried it because it is has "24% protein with essential amino acids for fast growth, efficient gain, and high-quality plumage". Does anyone think the higher protein for plumage is needed?

Back
Top Bottom