Another stray, another breed, but what?

Luddite

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2015
South Wales, UK
She may not staying if I find the rightful owner, but this ninja of a chicken (keeps getting out of the run) is a bit of a mystery. Does anyone know the breed? She's an almost chocolate brown with white highlights and a fan-shaped tail.

She looks like a red sex link to me!
I did wonder if she could be, although she's a tad darker then ones I've seen before. Very docile, very friendly, but a consummate escape artist! She's painfully thin, which is making me drag my heels a bit over finding her owner.

I have 3 RSL in my mixed flock. Two of them look almost identical with lighter, orangey red feathers but the third one is quite a bit darker (almost reddish). They are some of the friendliest, smartest, most curious birds I have and are always getting into something so I can see how yours could be an escape artist! They aren't as heavily built as say a BR but sturdy and eat like little pigs.

Here are a couple pictures I have, maybe you can see what I mean about the differences in color (all 3 came from the same hatch). The first one shows the 2 lighter colored birds and the second picture shows the darker one.

Here are a couple pictures I have, maybe you can see what I mean about the differences in color (all 3 came from the same hatch). The first one shows the 2 lighter colored birds and the second picture shows the darker one.

My Hylines look the same as your RSLs...

The Hylines are on the left and the right.

I think her owners need to keep her in an enclosed run with top. Don't want a wolf pretending to be grandma trying to coax her over.

Back
Top Bottom