1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another 'what breed' Question!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sabrina-Tiffany, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Sabrina-Tiffany

Sabrina-Tiffany New Egg

Nov 14, 2008
    CA
    Hi!

Recently (well, maybe a month or so ago, but still all new to me!), an acquaintance dropped off some hens and a rooster that he was unable to care for any longer. They were...not in the best of conditions. However, they are much better, but I would like to know just what breed so I can further care for them correctly.

Here are the photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't really have good photos of the hens, sorry. They are not as easy to photograph as the rooster. (click on the thumbnail for a larger photo)
    [​IMG]

These are more recent, but as you can tell, my camera is dying.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can attempt at better photos of the hens, but I'm still new to handling chickens and I don't want to upset or make them fly away. :|

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Some type of game, but I'm not a game person. I don't know. But guessing by those long legs...

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

With the high stance, they look like they might be Modern Game or a Modern Game mix.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's what I was thinking also, but deffinitely some kind of game.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by