Antibiotic for ducks?

Thanks @casportpony. Her pen is usually drier...we just had a tropical storm
1f60a.png
. We have had a boot on her until two days ago. There is no longer an open wound, just pink skin. We have been doing Epsom soaks, iodine (when it was a wound) and spraying with vetericyn spray daily. Still keep the boot on it? Thanks for the help!

Thanks @casportpony. Her pen is usually drier...we just had a tropical storm
1f60a.png
. We have had a boot on her until two days ago. There is no longer an open wound, just pink skin. We have been doing Epsom soaks, iodine (when it was a wound) and spraying with vetericyn spray daily. Still keep the boot on it? Thanks for the help!

Can you post more pictures of her foot?

-Kathy

Not sure how well it will work. Can you post some pictures of the foot?

-Kathy
I also have a duck with a swollen foot and am curious if anyone has any post / success results and what they used. I’m a little worried of just giving her random antibiotics but she is also limping and has for months now.

:welcome
is it bumble? pictures would be nice.
Hi I can send you photos later today. It’s definitely not bumble foot. The pad bottoms have no sores or anything like that. It’s just a thick swollen ankle. It’s been like this for months. I am for sure considering the vet but the last time I took a different duck to the vet the vet said they had to do a very costly MRI and couldn’t conclude anything based on just looking at a swollen leg. The previous duck is now totally fine but my white Peking duck has not bounced back. I’m currently trying Niacin pills to see if that helps.

Here’s the ducks feet. She won’t put any weight on it. I started her on niacin capsules / water a week ago. It’s warm to the touch on her ankle. Her feet are dirty but you can see there’s no lesions like those with bumble foot. This has been over a couple months now.

Attachments

• C1D1C97B-DB2A-4637-8132-E01B94ED3660.jpeg
    C1D1C97B-DB2A-4637-8132-E01B94ED3660.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 4B53C09D-FD0B-4D28-A275-B4604D0A316A.jpeg
    4B53C09D-FD0B-4D28-A275-B4604D0A316A.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 6
  • A6924BD3-88D9-42ED-9551-D4DDF68E190D.jpeg
    A6924BD3-88D9-42ED-9551-D4DDF68E190D.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 6
Putting niacin into their water weakens it considerably plus the waste so much of it.
Is that a hard or soft bump on the side of her ankle?
Best to get her own an antibiotic and some liquid B complex.
Antiboiotic maybe Baytril https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-hi-level-vitamin-b-complex
the liquid B complex will say injectable but we use it orally over a tasty treat. 1ml daily.
Hi. I am putting about 2-3 tablespoons of water in a dish and putting 2x pills opened and mixed into the water. I hope that clarifies but yes it hasn’t helped.

How confident are you on your recommendation Lydia? Illl take your suggestion if you think it’s the right path. Thank you for your response!

Back
Top Bottom