Antibiotic to treat respiratory issue in flock of 40

amsunshine

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
Kansas
I have a flock of 40, and a significant number are struggling with a respiratory issue. It's a slow-moving thing, but will make affected hens stop laying eggs. It affected other chickens a long time ago (successfully treated individually with Baytril) and now it's back. Does anyone know of an antibiotic I can use to treat this many? Perhaps something I can put in the water? The powdered Tetracycline is too weak and does not work. I have Baytril I got from the vet, and that does work on the 3 that I treated some time ago. But there's got to be a better solution than to stand there and give pills or liquid to this many twice a day. Thanks in advance.

Thank you, I was really wondering what I could do. It says not to use on flocks of laying hens, but if I administer, then is there a period of withdrawl? Or can I not use it at all in laying hens? Thank you in advance.

Thank you, I was really wondering what I could do.  It says not to use on flocks of laying hens, but if I administer, then is there a period of withdrawl?  Or can I not use it at all in laying hens?  Thank you in advance.

There's a one day withdrawal period for both the tylan soluable and gallimycin soluable powders.

Back
Top Bottom