Antibiotics and chicks, help! ****UPDATE!!!!****

Yes.. She is doing really well.. The oldest one has been fine the entire time.. 3 out of the 4 small chicks have had the same problem.. Each time one got sick, I brought it in the house and dosed it with meds and vits.. after 5 days, they were good to go... The last of the youngest (think it's a roo) never got sick nor did the oldest... But, they all seem to be doing just fine now.. And the three that got sick are attached to me now.. they love to be picked up and pet... lol

Goddess:jumpy

I would just like to let everyone know that I greatly appreciate y'alls help.. I have some new pics of the babies and want to share them..

This is Clucky (in front and oldest) and Turkey (behind) <Neither of these chicks got sick>
clucky_turkey.gif
turkey2.gif

Here's a better picture of Turkey
turkey1.gif

Here are the other 3 younger chicks:

This one is unnamed as of yet
chick.gif

Here is Ruby
chick1.gif

And this is my little sweetie Speckles.. This poor girl got sick twice and she is very tiny still... I think it actually stunted her growth.. Hopefully it's not permanent...
speckles.gif
speckles1.gif
speckles2.gif

And here is all of them eating this morning...
feeding_time.gif

The illness has gone completely away after Speckles got hit with it the second time and I put her on another round of antibiotics. To this day, I never did figure out what it could have been since the ONLY symptoms they showed were watery eyes (speckles had puss in her eye but she was the only one and that could have been an injury) and looking like they were gasping for air.. Other than that, they ate, drank etc... So, who knows....

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Thanks! Hopefully i will have pics tonight of new chicks.. Trying to talk DH into letting me have a few more hens since it looks as if I have 2 roos right now..
fl.gif
Don't worry, i will be keeping them seperate...
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom