Antibiotics

Jun 8, 2018
Central Texas
Antibiotics anyone recommend using Denguard antibiotics for silkie chicks that are six weeks old that have respiratory issues you know the whole thing the sneezing the shaking head 1 eye swelled up bubbles in the eyes and nose no Oder still has great appetite and drinks and poop is fine but now another one is starting to get the bubble in nose and eye and sneezing I would like to treat all 4 in the drinking water and I’ve read you can do that with this stuff any suggestions would be helpful

It's a powerful antibiotic that will treat most of the bacteria responsible for respiratory infections. How many of your birds are sick? It's not something I would treat the whole flock with.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/baytril-enrofloxacin-sources.74374/
I have the original chick that I used tylan on and one others that’s starting to get the bubble in eyes and sneezing all 4 have been exposed there in the same brooder inside the house the other 2 show no signs yet

I have the original chick that I used tylan on and one others that’s starting to get the bubble in eyes and sneezing all 4 have been exposed there in the same brooder inside the house the other 2 show no signs yet
And by the way the tylan I gave her was the injectabe by mouth as she was only like a week old at the time

Back
Top Bottom