Anxious- first time getting chicks shipped

I get delivery through the Oakland hub too — including a Halloween week shipment of chicks. IME, once a box is in their hands, they move it as quickly as possible (especially if the box is chirping) to local offices. Mine arrived from Iowa a day earlier than the original estimate. Here’s hoping your experience will be the same. :fl :fl
Hahaha, you got them while I was typing I guess.

Oakland PO is awesome!

Well I got notice that my chicks are out for delivery! I can't get ahold of anyone on the phone and I am afraid to leave the house in case I miss the carrier! BAH.

That automated message is a problem, when the chicks are really sitting in the Post Office peeping and waiting to be picked up! I've seen several people have trouble with that.

IMG_1437.jpeg

They have settled down after demolishing feed and water. I'm now hearing happy peeping.

I have 6 wildcard birds in here, I'm thinking lavender orp, welsummer, a brama, and an EE. Still trying to wrap my mind around the 16 peepers.

So you're saying the 6 you're showing in the picture are the ones you don't know what they are? I do see what looks like a Lavender Orpington and the one in the very back could be a Brahma if they legs are feathered. Two look like they could be Cream Legbars or Wellsummers and I have no idea what the yellow chick could be or the blue one.

So you're saying the 6 you're showing in the picture are the ones you don't know what they are? I do see what looks like a Lavender Orpington and the one in the very back could be a Brahma if they legs are feathered. Two look like they could be Cream Legbars or Wellsummers and I have no idea what the yellow chick could be or the blue one.

The picture isn't meant to be of the 6. I have cream legbars, 2 different marans, olive egger, and the lavender orpingtons that are knowns. I'm now thinking the mystery birb isn't a brama but a wyndotte (no feathering on legs).

Back
Top Bottom