Anxious for eggs!!!!

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
I'm very anxious for my chicks to lay their first egg! I'm hoping it's soon as I have 3 chicks that are 16 weeks old. My RIR, EE, and Dark Brahma. I imagine the RIR will lay first, then the EE, last the Brahma with the older girls. It's been 2 years since I had my last farm fresh egg. It took only 1 egg for me to realize that it would be awesome to raise my own!

I am anxious for eggs too. I have 2 production reds, 2 Black Australorps and 2 dark brahmas. They are all 17 weeks old. I can't wait for eggs. I think my production red will be first to lay as her comb is huge.

You know what they say is that " patience is a virtue" and "persistance pays off" and "good things come to those who wait". Well you know what I say" I NEED EGGS NOW, I CANT MAKE AN OMELETTE WITHOUT THEM!"

Who the heck are"they"anyway and what makes the experts.
rant.gif
somad.gif

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I am anxious for eggs too. I have 2 production reds, 2 Black Australorps and 2 dark brahmas. They are all 17 weeks old. I can't wait for eggs. I think my production red will be first to lay as her comb is huge.

Your a week ahead of me. Lucky you! It won't be long. I read a post that someone got their first egg from a 15 week old RIR.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how much longer I can stand the wait without exploding!! I check the coop constantly! Please let it be soon.
fl.gif
I have a Lavender Orp who is 16 weeks old and very red in the face. 2 Black copper marans and 2 Buff orps who are a bit younger and not quite as red.

Me too! I just realized my girls will be 16 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't wait! I have a bunch of Wyandottes , a Partridge Rock, Brahmas, Turkens, and one Jersey Giant. Not sure when to expect eggs but I noticed the SLW are getting much more red in their combs lately and they have started sounding more like mature chickens lately.

Quote:
Exactly! I have 2 fake eggs in the nest boxes. The chicks look in there to check the eggs out.

My EE and RIR are both red in face and comb.
fl.gif

Have any of you guys decided what you are going to do with your first eggs?
I think I am going to blow mine out and save it forever. But all the rest after that I will eat.
ya.gif
I can't wait!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom