Any Advice for incubating shipped silkie eggs?

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
These re my first shipped silkie eggs I am going to try to incubate. They should be here on monday, maybe sat. Any advice on how to incubate them? I have herd silkies are harder to incubate, is this true?

Good luck with your eggs, I am on my second hatching just started it today, On my first hatching none of the eggs hatched. I was so disappointed to say the least. I have a few silkies in the bator now. I have learned a lot from Hatching 101 a thread that can be found here in BYC. Other than that I am afraid I won't be too much help. But I wish you the best of luck anyway and wait to hear about your little silkies.

I am on my second hatch too, my first hatch was 7 chicks and I would be done, but a friend who gave me the black chick eggs in pic (they were all brown eggs.), gave me more eggs each egg a diff color. the dad was a black and white coco maran and the moms were all diff. it will be exciting to see if I get diff colored chicks. when these chickens lay eggs will all be diff. too. eggs are drk brown spotted, one blue, one greenish yellow, one brown, one tan, and one cream colored.

Back
Top Bottom