Any advise on the Brinsea mini II eco incubater?

I have the Brinsea mini advance and had horrible hatch rates in it. I finally gave up and bought a second NR360 that cost about the same and I have 100% hatches in it. Same flock supplying the eggs, same environment. I called Brinsea thinking it must be defective and they said I must be doing something wrong. It also doesn't turn the larger eggs very well. 🤷‍♀️
What are the prices on that one sounds like a good investment

What are the prices on that one sounds like a good investment
The NR is about $130 if you buy it from a local TSC. It's what I use. They're great incubators. They hold 22 eggs in the auto turner and are forced air.

Layer pellets in the morning and night and scratch during the day with some free ranging for 4 hours everyday
Sounds fine. Do you feed your rooster something else? Flockraiser is usually the best for mixed flocks because the extra calcium in layer feed can damage your rooster's kidneys. They don't use up much calcium like hens because thst obviously don't lay eggs.

Sounds fine. Do you feed your rooster something else? Flockraiser is usually the best for mixed flocks because the extra calcium in layer feed can damage your rooster's kidneys. They don't use up much calcium like hens because thst obviously don't lay eggs.
Huh, didn't know that but I am actually out buying feed now so I'll see if they have it

Huh, didn't know that but I am actually out buying feed now so I'll see if they have it
Perfect! :clap
Your boys will thank you for it. You have to provide oyster shell on the side for the girls, but that's pretty easy. I use Purina Flockraiser. It's a good feed.

Back
Top Bottom