any archery lovers here? (hunting, target and crossbow welcome)

itsasmallfarm

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 27, 2016
canada
hello every one itsasmallfarm here.

just wondering if any one else here loves the sport of archery? at the moment i only have one bow, a sammick sage #25LB draw bow, got it on sale. but i really enjoy shooting targets, i would love to hunt with a bow but my bow is too weak in my opinion (where i live the only laws are they have to be over 40LB draw for big game) but still i want a clean kill on my small game and i don't think 25LB can do that unless at point blank. but if am wrong feel free to correct me.

but that brings me to the discussion, does any one else here enjoy archery, target shooters out there (as i know the guys in the UK can not hunt with bows) or any crossbow/compound/traditional hunters out there? please feel free to join and i would love to here your story's :)

I love bow hunting!

And I agree, you would likely have to be pretty close to make a clean kill shot with 25# draw on large game. But it would work on squirrels ;)

Not familiar with your bow, just googled and its a recurve? Nice!!

I've used a few compounds, but never a recurve. I'm a small-framed adult female, my draw is only about 45#, but with the right broadheads (G5 Montec - fixed, not mechanical for that light a draw), they go cleanly through deer with no issue.

I love bow hunting!

And I agree, you would likely have to be pretty close to make a clean kill shot with 25# draw on large game. But it would work on squirrels ;)

Not familiar with your bow, just googled and its a recurve? Nice!!

I've used a few compounds, but never a recurve. I'm a small-framed adult female, my draw is only about 45#, but with the right broadheads (G5 Montec - fixed, not mechanical for that light a draw), they go cleanly through deer with no issue.
that sounds awesome, i would love a compound bow but here in Canada am looking at $350 plus for the cheaper end of the scale (for a compound) where i decent hunting recurve runs at about $150 plus again mine is not legal to hunt big game with (which sucks should of got a more powerful bow) but like you am a really small weight guy, and they thought 25# test would be good starter for me lol.

but then i got addicted to shooting recruves and now kinda what to hunt with one, but still man i wish i had the money for a really nice compound bow :)

I have a compound which I target shoot and occasionally hunt with!
Actually, I haven't gotten it out in a while. I'd better start practicing as deer season is coming up!
that sounds awesome, i would like to hunt a deer with archery gear but this year we have a high case of CWD so no deer hunting for me.
I need to get back into it.... Used to do it with two friends 3-years ago.

I just did Target shooting.
what type of bow did you shoot? recruve, long or compound?
Yes! I love target shooting.
it is an awesome past time. i may only be able to hit a target 15 meters away (i kinda suck)

Crossbow hunter here. compound bow for the past 17-18 years but switched to crossbow 3 years ago due to back surgeries and a shoulder that really wants to get cut... For Canada or any one else wanting to get a step up from their target bow, I highly recommend ArcheryTalk dot com. They have both vertical bows and a forum for crossbows and once you do the free member signup you can use the classifieds. I got my Tenpoint for significantly less than new cost when a wealthier member upgraded :). You just gotta watch the deals. There are members on their from all over the world so its just a matter of posting your own ISO thread or waiting for fate to find you.

Enjoy hunting with your bow though, squirrels, rabbits, ground hogs, and raccoon can be had with a 25lb bow with proper shot placement.

Back
Top Bottom