any archery lovers here? (hunting, target and crossbow welcome)

We got another boat this summer and have been doing some fishing. I caught a huge turtle a couple weeks ago! :eek:

We've talked about bow fishing, and were watching some carp this past Saturday, even said "wish i had a fishing bow about now".
Archery season opens this weekend for deer here, but gosh it has been warm. Guess i better get the bow out again and tune it up!
WP_20170903_18_59_24_Pro_LI (2).jpg

Been shooting compounds for about 30 years. Hunted and shot a lot of 3-d tournaments. But shoulder injuries and age made me give them up 4 years ago.

Went to a crossbow for just hunting now. Barnett quad 400.

Deer season is open. Set a few times no deer sighted yet. But crops are still standing.

Been shooting compounds for about 30 years. Hunted and shot a lot of 3-d tournaments. But shoulder injuries and age made me give them up 4 years ago.

Went to a crossbow for just hunting now. Barnett quad 400.

Deer season is open. Set a few times no deer sighted yet. But crops are still standing.
i would love to cross bow hunt, but there so expensive here in Canada 500$ plus for a starter bow and there about 1000$ for the good ones.

I'm brand new to compound target archery and hunting. Just got a Genesis Pro for my 18th birthday, not very heavy on the draw so I'm hoping to get in some more target practice before going for squirrels and rabbits!

I'm brand new to compound target archery and hunting. Just got a Genesis Pro for my 18th birthday, not very heavy on the draw so I'm hoping to get in some more target practice before going for squirrels and rabbits!
sounds awesome, i love hunting rabbits, would love to hunt them with a bow.

but i have hunted rabbits with a .22lr and a .30-30 (30-30 was a bad idea all i got was a leg after the shot tasty leg though)

I've just recently bought a longbow...have always wanted to do archery since a child, but only now begun...am looking into joining a club, so am very inexperienced...my partner wants to 'game shoot', but I am interested in targets only...personally, I would love to have a crossbow, but here in Australia you have to registered and such...
i know the feeling. (waiting for my fire arms licence) but here in Canada we don't need a licence to own a cross bow, (due to the fact that if it shoots under 500FPS its not a fire arm/weapon so with that logic a .177 cal air gun that shoots 501 FPS is a firearm by law but a crossbow that shoots 400FPS is not a firearm under the law i don't get it) i would also love to hunt with a bow but are seasons are like 2 months before rifle season and my whole family likes hunting with rifles. so i have no one to hunt with a bow with.

but sounds awesome i love long bows and re-curves, ( i just like primate weapons to hunt with would love me a flintlock rifle lol)

Back
Top Bottom