Any artists out there?

Lovely! I would not have the patience for oils. Sometimes I even ruin my watercolor because I’m like “it had to have long enough to dry” and then the new color runs all over. 😅
Hahaha! Which is why I normally paint alla prima and fairly loose.

Oils are great at being able to correct mistakes 🥸 water colours terrify me, I think I need to plan to much but oils I can throw on there with not much prep.

Oils on gesso sealed handmade paper.

Attachments

• CBBC05F9-5AB6-4DF7-B9F5-71145CC72255.jpeg
    CBBC05F9-5AB6-4DF7-B9F5-71145CC72255.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 3
I wondered what my style was so I decided to draw that and the anti-style on Cameron Millan, one of my characters. I never realized I hardly draw lips at all. I increased the contrast so you can read the scribbles at the top if you so choose. I hate everything about the antistyle except the hair because you can’t even see her cornrows in my style. Because my hair is just a lot of individual lines, lol.
I added something new to my style, I used a blending stick because I got one for Secret Santa. I hate the way I shade and this makes me much happier.
Maybe I should have used a reference pic with a more dynamic pose though. Everything is kinda lumped together here.
B7417627-BC46-463B-B5BE-C74EB6A709B4.jpeg

Apparently my anti-style is Bratz Dolls. 🥹

Last edited:
To be fair, any form of exaggeration would be the opposite of my style proportions wise, whether it be stretched out or compressed.

I’ve already eaten these two. Which should I eat next? (I would have saved the buff Orpington longer but the head was broken)
AF567EA0-28DB-4B27-89CE-A9A35D126823.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom