Any artists out there?

Yep! In fact, that’s a lot like the eastern dragon I drew View attachment 2306314View attachment 2306316
Noct is awesome!
I came up with one too!
canvas (2) - Edited.png

@rosemarythyme you're an art teacher, yes? Do you have any tips on shading? I'm putting the light source in the upper left corner. Any critiques?

Haha definitely not an art teacher, I just doodle. And I don't do much shading either.

Best way to figure out how to shade something is draw off an actual item (so with the pumpkin, take it in and put a spotlight where you want the light source, and shut off other lights) and shade it based on what you see, paying close attention to nuances of darkness.

If anyone would like a custom one...I wouldn't mind trying :)
Just ask!
Just make sure you tell me color scheme and such
I'd love one if you're alright with it! Any species is fine but how about an autumn theme?? :) Brown, red, orange, yellow, purple and black maybe

Haha definitely not an art teacher, I just doodle. And I don't do much shading either.

Best way to figure out how to shade something is draw off an actual item (so with the pumpkin, take it in and put a spotlight where you want the light source, and shut off other lights) and shade it based on what you see, paying close attention to nuances of darkness.
Whoops, someone was an art teacher. Maybe it was @3KillerBs ?? I usually use references from the internet, so I can't play around with lighting very much. That's a great idea! When we get our pumpkins for halloween I'll try it out.

Back
Top Bottom