Any artists out there?

I just dabble.
20200721_051203.jpg
20200709_161016.jpg
20200709_154753.jpg
20200709_154430.jpg
20200709_154148.jpg
20200626_172649.jpg

I have a deviant art. My profile picture is the same as it is here. I draw my birds and things. Mostly cartoon style. I like sketching dragons, and I'm trying to do it digitally, but I don't really think it'll work.
Learning to draw digitally is hard! For some people it's too unnatural to draw on one surface and then look at the other. In that case a drawing tablet with its own screen may help! Once you get the hang of it, there's a lot of useful tricks that don't exist for drawing on paper, for getting things like poses and anatomy right. You can't just erase stuff on paper infinitely, and you can't enlarge or shrink things without starting all over, but you can on your computer!

Learning to draw digitally is hard! For some people it's too unnatural to draw on one surface and then look at the other. In that case a drawing tablet with its own screen may help! Once you get the hang of it, there's a lot of useful tricks that don't exist for drawing on paper, for getting things like poses and anatomy right. You can't just erase stuff on paper infinitely, and you can't enlarge or shrink things without starting all over, but you can on your computer!
I usually sketch out on paper before hand. I then scan it in and drop it into photoshop. Not sure the command for mac but I then hit ctrl alt tilda to select all the white space and hit delete. I then go in the threshold panel to darken my lines a bit. A new layer and then begin painting.

Back
Top Bottom