Any artists out there?

IMG-2241.jpg

Here's a second version of my hand drawing.

That is sooo pretty, I love the colors!!

Thanks! :)

So beautiful! :love
I admire your style of painting, any tips?

Acrylic paint pouring is all about embracing your inner chaos and creating something from that. If you're interested in trying it out, I would get some 10x10 canvas boards and an assortment of premixed pouring paints to see if it's something you're going to really enjoy doing. Be prepared to get SUPER messy and cover your work surfaces with drop cloths to keep it off your furniture and floors. If you love it, then you start delving into different techniques, more paints, better substrates, embellishing, pouring mediums, and so on. It is super fun and rewarding, but can also be crazy frustrating when your colors turn to mud or some specific color takes over the whole thing (red and orange do this a LOT)

Olga Soby on Youtube covers a lot of different techniques and styles, so checking out her vids is a great way to see what it's all about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9pA-msbUytSFXwq2r1AfA

Thanks! :)

Acrylic paint pouring is all about embracing your inner chaos and creating something from that. If you're interested in trying it out, I would get some 10x10 canvas boards and an assortment of premixed pouring paints to see if it's something you're going to really enjoy doing. Be prepared to get SUPER messy and cover your work surfaces with drop cloths to keep it off your furniture and floors. If you love it, then you start delving into different techniques, more paints, better substrates, embellishing, pouring mediums, and so on. It is super fun and rewarding, but can also be crazy frustrating when your colors turn to mud or some specific color takes over the whole thing (red and orange do this a LOT)

Olga Soby on Youtube covers a lot of different techniques and styles, so checking out her vids is a great way to see what it's all about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9pA-msbUytSFXwq2r1AfA
Thanks!
I'll avoid red and orange then. ;)

Thanks!
I'll avoid red and orange then. ;)

When you have colors that overpower like that, you can use less of them to offset that tendency. This one was 2:1 dark colors to the red and orange pieces to keep it from going crazy (before and after)
20200809_111053.jpg
20200812_142814.jpg

On the other hand, you can embrace it. Here's a red and orange combo that leans into it hard.
20201018_182506.jpg
20201025_171512.jpg

It's one of those "play with it and find what works best for you" kind of things.

When you have colors that overpower like that, you can use less of them to offset that tendency. This one was 2:1 dark colors to the red and orange pieces to keep it from going crazy (before and after)
View attachment 2427479View attachment 2427480

On the other hand, you can embrace it. Here's a red and orange combo that leans into it hard.
View attachment 2427481View attachment 2427482

It's one of those "play with it and find what works best for you" kind of things.
Wow...
I'll think about it, it looks really fun!
Thank you for telling me, if I ever do it I'll have to share!

Back
Top Bottom