Any artists out there?

Does anyone have any tips for painting. It's not my strongest and I want to get better
Ugh. SUPER loaded question and the answers are just as loaded. Run us through what you're painting and how you feel you're struggling with it. Ideas and answers are going to vary from all of us depending on what/how you are currently working and what you want to improve, but we can definitely try to help.

Ugh. SUPER loaded question and the answers are just as loaded. Run us through what you're painting and how you feel you're struggling with it. Ideas and answers are going to vary from all of us depending on what/how you are currently working and what you want to improve, but we can definitely try to help.
I guess like more of the blending colors really. Also with how to make nice clean lines when doing paint strokes. I don't know if there is a technique or like special brushes to use or what.

I made this in remembrance to my aunt's siamese, Nikki, who just passed yesterday.
Collage 2021-07-27 22_42_16.jpg

I did the art, and Pic-collage provided the rest!

I guess like more of the blending colors really. Also with how to make nice clean lines when doing paint strokes. I don't know if there is a technique or like special brushes to use or what.
Are you painting with oils? Acrylics? Watercolor? Each is a different technique for blending (watercolors blend with water, so do acrylics, but in very different proportions. Oils usually need to be thinned to blend right but I'm not sure how). Trial and error is your best teacher here. Your media type makes a different too. papers blend differently than canvas or linen or wood do.

Straight lines are easy, Use masking tape. You can do the same for curved lines too I suppose, tape off a larger area, draw your curves, and then use an exacto knife to remove the area you want to paint. Doing it with brushes, find yourself a nice soft angle brush or a line brush for those. Depends on your technique really and how much pressure you apply.

practice, practice, practice!

Back
Top Bottom