Any artists out there?

Honestly can totally relate. They can be hard to photograph.
For chicken art I can sometimes cheese it without an exact pose reference (because I have just drawn so so many and have them engraved in my brain) but with humans if I don’t want it to be trashy I need a reference that has the exact perfect same pose.
I love how you got the quail pattern. The feathers have a volume and sheen I have never been able to achieve. Here are two pictures of my Praline, tbh none of the pics show an ideal 65° angle but I think it will help you get an idea of the tail spread.View attachment 3045797View attachment 3045798View attachment 3045807
Actually I think I might use one to make a portrait of her.
Praline is precious and I would die for her. Do you have any where her body is oriented toward the viewer more, and less directly to the side?

Praline is precious and I would die for her. Do you have any where her body is oriented toward the viewer more, and less directly to the side?
Hmmmmm nope. I had one like that of Queeny but this phone lacks most of my pics.
Praline is my sassiest hen. She knows she’s a show winner and she seriously struts her stuff.

Honestly can totally relate. They can be hard to photograph.
For chicken art I can sometimes cheese it without an exact pose reference (because I have just drawn so so many and have them engraved in my brain) but with humans if I don’t want it to be trashy I need a reference that has the exact perfect same pose.
I love how you got the quail pattern. The feathers have a volume and sheen I have never been able to achieve. Here are two pictures of my Praline, tbh none of the pics show an ideal 65° angle but I think it will help you get an idea of the tail spread.View attachment 3045797View attachment 3045798View attachment 3045807
Actually I think I might use one to make a portrait of her.
As someone with little familiarity with that breed, that is an amazing bird. Top quality feathering, balance, and form.

Feathers take a long time to draw well. I never really intended to draw a whole bird. I'm losing focus :/
20220402_191556.jpg

20220402_191556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom