Any artists out there?

Lol, the oven temperature was too hot and the bread burnt on the outside and was gummy on the inside. It’s still cooling down, though, so it’s possible the middle will dry out.
I do want a crispy crust, but not a break-your-teeth crust, lol.
It was not a brick, though, as some people seem to have trouble with.
It was edible, just not very good.
It is hard to tell based on the pic, but the crust is kinda black on top and has a very defined line between crust and inside.
D9C0B0F3-6C8B-4334-B9E6-ED0B221CD8D0.jpeg

This is the recipe:
https://timetravelkitchen.blogspot.com/2017/02/maslin-bread.html?m=1
Next time, I will lower the oven temp and add some moisture to the dough and put a cup of water in the oven.

Lol, the oven temperature was too hot and the bread burnt on the outside and was gummy on the inside. It’s still cooling down, though, so it’s possible the middle will dry out.
I do want a crispy crust, but not a break-your-teeth crust, lol.
It was not a brick, though, as some people seem to have trouble with.
It was edible, just not very good.
It is hard to tell based on the pic, but the crust is kinda black on top and has a very defined line between crust and inside.
View attachment 3573779
This is the recipe:
https://timetravelkitchen.blogspot.com/2017/02/maslin-bread.html?m=1
Next time, I will lower the oven temp and add some moisture to the dough and put a cup of water in the oven.
I might also like to suggest making smaller loaves, as well. I'm not sure how large yours is, but it looks very spherical. A flatter shape might help it cook more evenly so that the inside is fluffier.
You can also spritz the loaf directly with water if it starts getting tough on the outside. Proofing under a damp cloth can help keep the outside from drying out, too.
You're making me want to try making bread again. It's been a while since I tried to toss together a loaf like this.

easy answerView attachment 3574168
inspired by my horse prince View attachment 3574174
Lol, at least with your style, I could squint and see Twilight Sparkle.
How could anyone think that prince is attractive.
I know @Rose Quartz ’s would be the unignore.
My mom used the starter to make mini sourdough banana bread loaves! It turned out awesome.
Now the starter is the fridge. I can breathe a little. I’m no longer forced to bake every 12 hours!
9C3A894C-DBE1-4942-8975-E377B1046042.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom