Any aspiring writers?

FeatheredFeline

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Northwest Washington
I don't know if this really fits but for me writing is a hobby and I'm going to start publishing with in a year most likely. So I figured I'd ask and see if there were any other writers out there on BYC.
I write mostly fantasy scifi and graphic novels. (I illustrate them too.)
Is there anyone out there doing anything similar?

Yep... sitting on the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) draft of my novel. I want to wait a couple of weeks before I begin final edits to have a fresh perspective. I write young adult fantasy.
smile.png

I write mostly fantasy, young adult and more mature. I'm sitting on two or three novels at various stages of finished right now and about five graphic novels all in the drafting stage. I just haven't been able to focus.
tongue.png

30+ years as a freelance outdoor writer/photographer published in most major outdoor magazines (Sports Afield, Outdoor Life - for a time Regional Editor for Colorado, NM - Western Outdoors, Flyfishing, etc.), weekly newspaper columnist, several published short stories. Haven't published much recently. I am currently working on a mainstream, adult novel.

Got to round 2 of the 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest with the first of three-and-a-half novels I've written (it's a series). "Click-Click" is a sci-fi/slipstream/urban fantasy thing. I'll find out if I get to round 3 on March 24 - the same day my Australorp chicks arrive. I write because I'm marginally employed and have a vivid imagination. Family says I should vividly imagine a job but I think being underemployed is a gift from the gods.

Last edited:
I have many short stories I've written. I am also writing a fantsy novel that I've been working on since 5th grade. I now have 5 books planned out for the series. I also have a concept for several other novels from scifi to fantasy to mainstream. My head is full of ideas, but most aren't on paper. I'm not published either. Unless you count Quizilla and other online forums and such.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom