Any body have an old timey egg noodle recipe (ALL YOLKS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
some folk seem to be very unkind at times. that being said I use the whole egg because I don't want to waste the white and have no other use for it. My grandmother used only the yoke and save the whites for other things. I think noodles were better if only the yoke was used but like I said I use the whole egg.

Yeesh! Who knew noodles was such SERIOUS business?
wink.png
Italians make them with whole eggs, and i'm sure you can alter ANY noodle recipe to just use yolks and just add a bit more water. Not a big deal.

But, about changing packaging about egg noodles only containing egg yolks? Since when did egg whites become not part of the egg?
idunno.gif
Maybe it should be renamed "Egg yolk noodles!"
big_smile.png

Quote:
Kind what I thought too....but he took exception to that idea.
hmm.png
Hmmmmmm I wonder who's made more noodles me or him.
smile.png

Katy, you continue to beat a dead horse. Forums are very helpfull, and you can get a lot of information on forums, but the problem is the parties that hijack, or tale a topic completely off the original subject, a topic is often hijacked, , and taken completely away from the original information requested. In this case you should not have answered the post, if you did not have any positive information concerning the information requested, as I specifically stated in my post the following words being copied from it "but I cannot find an egg noodle recipe. Please do not suggest a recipe using whole eggs, as I want true old timy egg noodles, all yolks, no whites , which are used for Angel food cake" You are posting where you do not have any usefull information concerning the original post, and then continue to castigate me, after I just let you have the topic.

Quote:
Kind what I thought too....but he took exception to that idea.
hmm.png
Hmmmmmm I wonder who's made more noodles me or him.
smile.png

Katy, you continue to beat a dead horse. Forums are very helpfull, and you can get a lot of information on forums, but the problem is the parties that hijack, or tale a topic completely off the original subject, a topic is often hijacked, , and taken completely away from the original information requested. In this case you should not have answered the post, if you did not have any positive information concerning the information requested, as I specifically stated in my post the following words being copied from it "but I cannot find an egg noodle recipe. Please do not suggest a recipe using whole eggs, as I want true old timy egg noodles, all yolks, no whites , which are used for Angel food cake" You are posting where you do not have any usefull information concerning the original post, and then continue to castigate me, after I just let you have the topic.

I did not hijack your thread. If you'll recall I tried to help you out by telling you that you could make them using only the yolks, you'd just have to use a little more of whatever liquid you choose to use. You came back at me very hostile for having the nerve to say I make my noodles using the whole egg, as do many other people. You can make your stinking noodles with or without the white....it's not going to make any difference. They'll be egg noodles either way.

Last edited:
lau.gif

Okay.. this has made me HAVE to try to make homemade egg noodles now! I've been wanting to for a while anyways..
I'll try them both ways...
wink.png

Quote:
They really are very easy and once you make them you won't ever want to use store bought again. I make a big batch when I make them and dry and freeze what I'm not going to use right away.

Quote:
They really are very easy and once you make them you won't ever want to use store bought again. I make a big batch when I make them and dry and freeze what I'm not going to use right away.

How do you dry them?? HOw do i know they are 'dry'?

Quote:

How do you dry them?? HOw do i know they are 'dry'?

I have a wooden clothes dryer thing that I drape them over the rods and leave them until they're pretty brittle. If you're going to use them right away you can add them to what ever broth or liquid you're cooking them in as soon as you cut them.

Well Red and Katy, I think maybe it's a good idea to start a noodle making thread, since lakeman is not open to any discussion or different ideas.

Much to my embarrassment, many in South Carolina have a rule that's sorta unspoken but always made clear:

"MY way or NO way."

I sure wish I had lied about where I live.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom