any body successfully hatched shipped serama eggs?

crazy chicken gal

Hatching
9 Years
May 18, 2010
hi I am new here any could really use the help of you chicken owners hears my question- I heard that serama eggs are very difficult to hatch especially eggs that have been shipped through the mail. so i would like to know, if you have hatched shipped serama eggs how many did you get? and how many hatched out? I only wish to get a few for pets so i don't need a boat load. I have never hatched or kept chickens so tips and answers are really appreciated
big_smile.png
thank for stopping by!b

I have hatched serama chicks twice

both set of 7 eggs have been shipped but only within the state - and all 6 of 6 that were fertile hatched and are doing very well. 1st set 6 weeks old, 2nd set 3 weeks.. I now have silked seramas in the incubator that were shipped from FL 6 of 6 are delevoping they are set to hatch next week.. so it will tell me the difference between 150 miles to 650 miles..I will keep you updated..

On my first try at incubating I had 30 Serama eggs. Out of the 30 I had 5 hatch. Out of the 5 I had 3 die within 24 hours. So out of 30 I have 2 that are doing great and will be 2 weeks old Saturday. On a side note my son cracked open all the remaining eggs and said everyone of them had a dead chick in it. I think I may have messed something up with the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom