any body use a chick-bator???????????????

My first hatching experience was with a Chick Bator. Of course I tried it with bob white quail eggs. None of the eggs survived and made it to hatch. I threw it out and bought an Octogon 20 Eco for $99. I bought the turner for the extra---worth every penny. I have had a 90%-100% hatch rate and am very happy with it.

I have heard that if you put one inside a small styrofoam cooler like you get from 7-11, and use a hygrometer, and watch it like a hovabator or LG you can have as good results. I have only heard this, not tried it.

Are we talking about the same incubators https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=344036

th.gif
if we are and I wasn't paying attention before I posted mine.

I used it, I wish I had never wasted the 20 dollars + shipping on it. The cooler Idea someone mentioned may be a good idea. I could never get the temperature correct and there was no place for any dampness to make the humidity correct. I say nay. I have 6 eggs none of which hatched out of that ungodly little yellow chick-bator...GRR so I use my hens when they sit for now but will soon be investing in an incubator is my business picks up and I can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom