Any Body Use Ear Candles?

My sister used them, then decided it felt so good
she did a second time. Very painful earaches and
infections. Another friend had to have ear surgery
to repair damage. That was enough info for me.
Doesn't a good shower work the same way?

If you just hold them while you burn them (and not stick them in your ear), then cut them open, all that stuff that looks like "ear wax" is inside what's left of the candle. Without having it anywhere near your ear.
They truly do not do a thing.

from Charles W. Beatty, M.D. (Mayo Clinic)
Ear candling — a technique that involves placing a lit, hollow, cone-shaped candle into the ear canal — can cause serious injury and isn't considered an effective treatment for any condition.

The theory behind ear candling, also called ear coning or thermal auricular therapy, is that the heat from the flame will create a vacuum seal and the earwax in the ear canal will adhere to the candle. Ear candling has also been touted as a treatment for sinus infections and as a way to improve hearing.

Research shows, however, that ear candling is ineffective at removing earwax. In fact, the technique can actually push earwax deeper into the ear canal. Ear candling can also lead to:

Deposits of candle wax in the ear canal
Burns to the face, hair, ear canal, eardrum and middle ear
Perforation of the eardrum or other ear injuries
If you develop an earwax blockage, avoid ear candling. Instead, consult your doctor about simple steps you can take to safely and effectively remove the wax

I too get a lot of ear wax. It is really noisy where I work and we use ear plugs. My doctor advised me to use the Murine Ear Wash Kit and it really didn't do anything except clog me up even more. When I went back to the doctor, I told him that it didn't help so he took out a syringe with a tapered plastic end on it and filled it with lukewarm water. He then shot that into my ear and you would not have believed what came out! It was gross stuff. But it felt so good....and I could hear again. If you try this method, be sure to use lukewarm water, because if you user hot or cold water, it could make you dizzy. That is what the doctor told me anyway.

I am not kidding, it really felt good. I feel like making an appointment to have my ears cleaned out.
smile.png

I used them once and after it causing earaches I have never used them again. I honestly think the popping and crackling sound you hear is wax from the ear candle dripping into your ears.

Back
Top Bottom