Any Buff Orphingtons in NJ/NY/PA areas?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mom2Cool, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Hi I was wondering if anyone in the NJ/NY/PA area by any chance has any Buff Orphingtons they're looking to part with? Maybe part of an order that you had to order too many of them? I just want 2, 3 or maybe 4 of them (we did all say this is a sickness right?) . I seem to see them on Craigs list ALL the time but I'm just a tade too late to get my hands on them as full hens or even pullets. I don't mind saying I was a bit frustrated the other day as I had 2 nice hens sold out from under me to someone else who got there first. I'm thinking of just placing an order for a few myself and at the least thought rather than "watching for them" I'd just do a shout out to see if anyone has any before I go ordering. Thanks all.

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Try Hinkjc. HS

3. Wildwoodchickens

Wildwoodchickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    I have some but i am not sure how far you want travel to get them?
    email me if you want more info

4. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Where are you located?

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I have some Buff/RIR cross chicks that are several weeks old. mom2cool, where are you located?

6. Mom2Cool

May 8, 2008
    I'm in north NJ just below Orange county NY

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know Jody would have some [​IMG]

8. Mom2Cool

May 8, 2008
    Wow you've all been so quick to reply to me and I truly thank you all for it. I don't mind saying I was a bit bummed out the other day when I lost the 2 laying hens I thought I'd secured already. I had been hoping at the time to get them settled into a nice routine because next week we're actually taking a long weekend away for the 4th of July & they'll be young adult children in charge here. I think for chicks I'd be more comfortable waiting until I come back But when I posted here I didn't think I'd get such a quick response from you all, or that there'd be anything available.

I have to tell you all that BYC is a very welcoming place. Thank you all so much because this has lifted my spirits here just reading the responses... In the words of those young adult kids of mine you all rock...

EweSheep who is Jodi? Could you point me in her direction?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Jody is hinkjc. She has beautiful buffs...I have some of her babies, and some eggs in the bator.

10. Mom2Cool

May 8, 2008
    Quote:Thanks so much halo for the heads up & I've actually had my eye on that hatchery. I think I'm close enough that I could probably drive out there. I don't know though it depends on how far a drive. It occured to me with the way they seem to get snapped up here to just order the 15 min. mailing chicks from her and then do a resale when I get them. It does look like she's got some lovely birds.

And I have to tell you that seeing under your name you're "over run with chickens" I would love pictures of that.... [​IMG] Please know I laugh with you not at you becuase it's a sickness really.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by