Any California gardeners?

Pics
I’ve been harvesting stuff like crazy, here’s yesterday’s pick from the first photo, the second one is today. That’s about what I’ve been pulling up each morning.
image.jpg
158429FE-B5D7-433A-B7BE-8E1D81996720.jpeg

They do have good taste.They Mainly Heart Of gold and random store bought melons that I saved seed from. The waterm was Charleston gray, Congo, Desert King my favorite, random store watermelon and rattlesnake.

I need either a bigger kitchen, or a smaller garden!
View attachment 2283060View attachment 2283061
Wow, that’s alot of produce, are those lemon cukes? I’ve heard the lemon cuke is a very good one to grow, but we don’t even eat cucumber. I’ve probably fed over 30 to the pigs. Also unfortunately the 12 year old left pig door open and they are all my melons. (Over 20) ☹️ About the squash, I just let it sit. The best for storage is the jarradhale, which lasts to 8 months.

They do have good taste.They Mainly Heart Of gold and random store bought melons that I saved seed from. The waterm was Charleston gray, Congo, Desert King my favorite, random store watermelon and rattlesnake.
Rattlesnake watermelons? I will have to look those up! I grew only one variety this year, Jubilee. Big, seedy melons but producing well here. Have you ever grown those orangeglo melons before?

I’ve never heard of zucchini pickles, sounds good, I’ve had to throw away much to many zukes I might make some.
I just use the same recipe as I do for cucumber pickles. If the zukes are too big and overgrown I'll cut the softer core off when I make my spears so they stay crunchier.

My lemon cukes became sweet and spicy curry pickles!! They are sooooo
20200809_152304.jpg
delicious.

Back
Top Bottom