Any Chance??

Knowing how similar your daughter is to mine, just a piece of advice, avoid Tractor Supply during chick days! We have sooo many chickens now and ducks are amazing creatures too! Chicken math is a very real thing and can have you by the collar of your shirt before you know it. Incubating eggs is pretty addictive too. I never planned on having as many birds as I have now. I now have this NEED for some geese. I'm worse than my daughter nowadays

My daughter's class hatched chickens whenever she was in 2nd grade. That's how we got our first 3, all roosters, of course! How old is your flock now? With 2 coops, you have room for a couple more pullets, right, hahaha! My daughter is 9, so I imagine her love is very much like my daughter's love for Le'Shawn. He was treated like a royal bird. I was so sad whenever he turned aggressive.
Wow you would be my favorite classroom momma for taking the Roosters 😂

Knowing how similar your daughter is to mine, just a piece of advice, avoid Tractor Supply during chick days! We have sooo many chickens now and ducks are amazing creatures too! Chicken math is a very real thing and can have you by the collar of your shirt before you know it. Incubating eggs is pretty addictive too. I never planned on having as many birds as I have now. I now have this NEED for some geese. I'm worse than my daughter nowadays
We live on the bayou and have Ducks everywhere. I have to plan an extra 10 minutes to let them all cross the streets when driving to work. I totally didn’t want chickens but find myself hanging out with them every afternoon 😂

Maybe after I solve my rooster problem
Getting more hens solves your rooster problem!
perfect chicken meme.jpg

Thanks! I love my job but it’s stressful at times. Believe it or not, watching chickens is actually very therapeutic for me 🤷🏼‍♀️. I just have to get a handle on this too many roosters thing.
I can totally relate. Sitting outside with my daughter and watching my birds is my favorite thing to do, no doubt. Just wait until she starts wanting silkies, seramas, etc....... Oh my gracious! That's what got me into trouble. At 50 and counting, we still don't have the breed that she's named her "unicorn" breed (unicorn - highly sought after, feels impossible to acquire). She wants Showgirls. Just a warning, if you're curious, Google "showgirl chickens". They're one of those breeds that you either love or hate and possibly even think "why". It's basically a naked neck silkie. I think they're absolutely adorable in their own way. I recently incubated and hatched a silkie that in my opinion, is the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on. My Dad that isn't really a chicken person, actually loves this bird. Her name is "Fancy Nancy". She's too flipping cute! Then again, not everyone loves silkies. That's the beauty of this community

Back
Top Bottom