Any Christmas / Dec 2012 Hatch a long's?

One week to go!!! Woo! All of my eggs are growing. Now if they all live to hatch and beyond ill be thrilled. :) these are my own eggs not shipped. Shipped eggs have a harder time. Sadly.

WooHoo! Just candled mine inside the incubator and they all look good too! I'll take them out and candle once more on Saturday before lockdown. What are we looking for in that final candling since they're getting so dark?

I also am nearing the end. I have 6 days til hatch. 16 eggs are growing and will go into lock down on Friday. I started with 21 eggs 5 got removed for being infertile. I am very happy with 16 good eggs
clap.gif
ya.gif
I hope they all hatch
fl.gif

In the last days before lockdown you want to see full eggs. Dark and barely any light. Making sure your air cells are a good size.

Once you lockdown on day 18 don't open the bator till you absolutely need to.

Setting up my hatching bator tonight as the frist group will be moved to that for lockdown. I don't want to hurt my other bunch with high humidity.

Is lock down the morning or night of the 18th? Im not sure if that actually matters, but I need to take mine out of the turner before lockdown.

Turning off the turner really is only a rule to keep new chicks from falling and hurting themselves.

I can't wait for new chicks! So exciting lol. This is only my second go at this! Yay babies

Tomorrow morning is Lockdown for me YAY! First thing in the am I will take the turner out fill up both water troughs to reach high humidity
big_smile.png
YAY again! Then I will sit back anxiously and wait. Anyone going into lockdown tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom