Any Christmas / Dec 2012 Hatch a long's?

I set 32 chicken eggs today at noon for a Christmas Day hatch. 16 EE, 8 OE and 8 mix. Good luck everyone!
jumpy.gif

Yay! More Xmas chickies! Welcome to the thread hehe. I just put another egg in. I'm having to collect whatever egg my pair lay per day or two. Going to try and collect for a full week then add those. So i don't have a bunch of single chicks all different ages. Ugh! Good luck egg babies!

May I join you? I set 8 Silkie eggs yesterday at Noon. Hoping for a fluffy Christmas morning to surprise the kids with!
This is my first hatch, so I'm nervous, but I've gotten a lot of great advice here at BYC and from the local breeder I picked the eggs up from. I'm trying the dry incubation method. The incubator is hiding in my walk in closet, since it's not near outside doors or drafts of any sort. So far it's holding steady at 30% humidity and between 99 and 100 degrees. The breeder recommended that I only bring it up to 50% humidity at lockdown since the chicks hatching will raise the humidity level so much.

Best wishes to everyone! When are you candling?

smile.png
I am joining! set eight eggs under a broody silkie around noon today. expect mostly frizzles, sizzles, naked necks. Just like christmas-you never know what is inside the box.

I forgot but I'm going to set a few d'Uccle tonight, they always hatch early so I should get some on Christmas day
I am going tomorrow to pick up the eggs. Is there anything different I have to do before putting them in the incubator? When I have hatched out eggs from my hens, I just took them from the nesting box and put them in the incubator. I know it is taking this lady a few days to get the number of eggs I need, and she stores them in her basement, they aren't refrigerated. Do they need to set out before going in the incubator or can I just put them in and let em go. I will have the incubator ready when I get home with them. I am so excited about incubating eggs, it's been a long time since I have hatched out chicken eggs.
You can do the same for those, your just going a little farther then your coop, and not handled by PO
The general suggested advice is opening them up from the package and letting them rest anywhere from 4 to 24 hours before putting them into the bator.

I let my shipped eggs sit 6 hours and then in they go, turner on.

The way I'm hatching mine is with the dry hatch method. Everyone has their own way, this works for me. I've for mine 99-100 degrees and 30-35% humidity till lockdown them bump it up to 75-85 humidity
I always live mine sit for 1 to 3 days sometimes longer. Dry incubation, incubation bumped up to 65-75 % last three days. But that is just me. Someone was asking for an incubation guide here you go

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...crets-from-the-mahonri-2012-easter-hatchathon

I'll join ... I have two bators going and I set 26 silkie eggs in one and 24 silkie eggs in the other...the first lot are due Dec 20 and the other issue Christmas eve...

They are all shipped eggs from two top breeders so I'm excited...

BUT...the first lot I just candled and I am now down to 12 in the first bator...the others were either empty or blood ring... Oh well that's the chance you take with shipped eggs... The other bator with 24 in it are my very expensive eggs and am hoping for a good hatch from that...

Back
Top Bottom