Any Christmas / Dec 2012 Hatch a long's?

Just found this thread. I have babies due this week as well. I hatched 1 scovie baby the 19th (it didn't make it) & 2 quail on the 20th (lost 1 of those), have more scovies due today & 24th but they may be late. Development looks a bit behind due to a few temp drops & a power outage. I also had some chicks set for the 23rd, but they don't look too promising at this point. The next batch after Christmas isn't due until New Year's Day & then staggered over about 2 weeks after. Right now I have 1 lonely quail baby in the brooder so praying it gets some friends very soon.

We woke up this morning to our very 1st chick "peep peep peep'ing" under momma hen!!! Sooooo excited! Can't wait to see it when it's all fluffy!

Oh so exciting chicks are starting to hatch! Congrats to those who have babies so far and good luck to all those still waiting. I keep checking the bator hoping for a pip lol. Today is day 19.

Lynzi, I'm happy you got a chick already!! How many eggs does that broody hen have?
Thanks, I am too!! LOL Well she's was sitting on 6 however I am 99% sure the 6th eggs was empty. So when I was cleaning out her box/candling eggs one day and saw that there was really nothing inside, I removed that eggs from the "nest". Well she didn't like that too much. She went clucking away, jumped/flew out of the box and began looking around my laundry room for it! So I hurried up and placed it back and she went back to being happy. There are 4 more that definitely had something in them when I candled last. If at least one more hatches I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom