Any clue what gender these (hopefully) girls are?

awilcox

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Ok, i'm super naive about chickens. i'm hoping i have a bunch of girls here, but if anyone could give me a much more educated guess than my own, i'd be most grateful. i really have no clue at all!!
hmm.png

thanks!!!
allison

28112_more_chickens.jpg

28112_chickens2.jpg

28112_chickens.jpg

28112_black_sex_link_chicken.jpg

28112_and_more_chickens.jpg

28112_4_chickens.jpg

Ok, 1st of all, the red and gold chickens that you have are gold Sex-links. Sex-links (hence the name) can be sexed at hatch. I think (not positive) the hens have like a white dot on their heads and the roosters don't. And when they get older, the roosters are mostly all white and the hens are red and white (except in black sex-links). SO all your gold Sex-links are hens.
smile.png

our gold sexlink males are pure white. No gold.

as chicks, the roosters are yellow, the pullets are golden-yellow.

Quote:
The ones that have a white dot on their heads are male black sex links. Red and gold sex links don't have a dot whether they are male or female.

thank you ALL so much for helping me. i hope i get to the point where i can do the same for someone else, it is so wonderful.

thank you thank you thank you!
allison:p
celebrate.gif
D.gif

Quote:
The ones that have a white dot on their heads are male black sex links. Red and gold sex links don't have a dot whether they are male or female.

Yep one the white dot on black is a male. I got a solid black one and she is a she. On the red sex link the female is darker with the stripes on the back and the males are a lighter yellow color. My uncle has a male red SL and he is already way lighter in color then your light one.

Good luck with your gals.!!!

Back
Top Bottom