Any clue what this bug is?

bckyrdchknluvr

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
They are too small for me to get a good picture, so I'll explain what they look like. They are approximately the size of poultry lice. They have see through bodies that are long and rounded in the center. their heads are reddish. They were running up the wall in the room I have my quail pens. I have been looking on line for pictures for hours, but have not been able to figure out what they are yet. Any advise or suggestions at all would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Nope, not termites, these are really small and have a tiny round little red head that is kind of separate from it's body. The head is small in comparison to the body. They are not lice, chiggers, mites or fleas. AHHHHH they are yuckie.......lol. Please more suggestions, seriously grossed out here, lol.

I live in Alberta Canada. We have been in a blizzard for the last two days. Not the time of year I normally think of bugs, lol. Thanks so much for your help. Not those bugs either, but the shape of the body is similar. The head was smaller on the bugs that are in my room. Do you think it could be from the quail? (I looked up pests, but couldn't find this one) I bought three in Dec. and now have 15.(Most soon do be dinner)

I am seriously creeped out right now.
sickbyc.gif

hahaha, me too. Even after 2 showers I still felt creepy crawlies all night.(even though I KNOW there were no bugs on me)

I remember watching an episode of "infested" recently....it had bird lice of some sort coming from a bird nest against the house and they were crawling in thru cracks in the bathroom window. Ick.

I htink bedbugs are more routinely red...all over. And you do NOT want bedbugs.

If you can take a pic from farther away then crop in on the bug...might get it clearer that way..

google book lice? bird louse?

Back
Top Bottom