Any DIY Duck Waterer ideas?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SoonersDucks, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:31 AM.

1. SoonersDucks

SoonersDucks In the Brooder

Jun 26, 2019
    I am looking for some ideas for a duck waterer that will keep their drinking water “clean”. I know that is dang near impossible, but would like to see what others have come up with.

BirdsBeesTrees and Texas Kiki like this.
  2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Have you seen the ARTICLE section of this website yet? There are a few articles on how to build a waterer.
    Unfortunately I am on my phone right now and can't post a direct link to that area for you but I will come back later today (from my computer) and do so if someone doesn't beat me to it.

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  3. Duckworth

Duckworth Songster

May 15, 2017
    U.S. Prairie
    I just use 2-1/2 gallon feed buckets filled with water. My ducks drop food into their water, so it’s not going to stay clean no matter what I do. But they can’t get into the buckets, so they stay poop free. My ducks dunk their heads and drink. In the morning, I dump them onto my trees or garden, rinse and refill them, then top them off later in the day. If I also have a kiddie pool out, then I just use two buckets. In cold weather, when the kiddie pool is gone for the winter, I put out three or four buckets, which I have to rotate through the house to thaw as they become solid ice. I have six ducks.

BirdsBeesTrees and Texas Kiki like this.
  4. Rammy

Rammy Crowing

Oct 20, 2008
    Tennessee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: