Any dog lovers that can help me with this one?

Please do NOT put Hartz on them. If you don't have Dawn then the Palmolive will probably work for now. Keep them away from other dogs if you have them until you make sure they're healthy.

They look to be 6-7 weeks old, maybe Lab mixes? Never use Hartz products on them, it could kill them. You can bathe them in any other kind of flea shampoo. Leave it on for 10 min., then rinse them thoroughly, towel dry & blow-dry them. Feed them some dry puppy food mixed w/warm water, canned puppy food and raw egg whites, and cottage cheese. Make sure they drink plenty of water. Cows milk may give them diarhhea. They need shots (DHPPC) and worming (Strongid or Nemex-2). Foster & Smith catalog has the shots & wormer. Good luck with them, they are cute. I used to breed pit bulls and I was a Registered Vet Tech for 10 years.
wink.png

Have they eaten anything yet? Poor babies. They probably have worms too, so keep that in mind around your dog. Keep us posted and more pics would be great - they are just so cute!

Also.. offer them some goats milk on their food.. it will encourage them to eat... make it good and wet. Maybe also mix wet food in. Bring them to the food and wipe some in their mouth. Also same goes for the water.

We did have to do this with the water so I think you are right they just dont know. After we put it on their mouths they went crazy for it! They drank a lot! I dont have any goats milk would regular milk work or would that upset their tummy's? Should I just use water for tonight? Should I worry about them eating to much?

Thanks again!!! Im off to bathe the pups! I have a friend bringing me some dawn he has at his house! Whew!​

I am a dog groomer. They look plenty old enough to be eating on their own and use frontline from the vet on them. Any of the over the counter stuff is useless and it even could make them sick or kill them. A flea bath would be ok though. Make sure to wait about 3-4 days after the bath to use frontline. They were probably dumped off by someone especially in a rural area. You will need to take them to the vet and get some wormer and shots or if you don't have a lot of money then go to the feed store and get shots and the vets usually will just go ahead and sell wormer. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will help you out as best as I can.

Quote:
I would agree. I'd stress getting the vaccines as soon as possible as pups are more susceptible to parvo. That's nothing to mess with. Also the worming is very important too!
These cuties are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

love.gif
OMG......... they are the cutest puppies ever. They look like red heelerXbeagle. I wish i could offer a home but i am over the town limits already on dogs and chickens
roll.png
They are very lucky that your children found them, and that they had a great mommy willing to take them in
clap.gif

I Just read the new posts... No HARTZ... I think I'll just have to throw that away! What kind of flea bath would you recommend? Guess I am taking a trip to the vet tomorrow.

Feed them some dry puppy food mixed w/warm water, canned puppy food and raw egg whites, and cottage cheese. Make sure they drink plenty of water. Cows milk may give them diarhhea.

No cows milk... gotcha! I do have Egg whites!!!!
lau.gif

I just want to add...

Dog forums drool... Chicken forums RULE!!!!!
wee.gif

No regular milk... only goats milk. It's the "universal" milk and won't be harsh on their tummys. Soak the dry food in hot water and let it get mushy... then when cool enough put some in their mouth. I'd say about a half cup each for the first feeding ... they are probably full of worms.. so that much won't really even make a dent in their hunger but... you don't want them over eating. Too much food on an empty gut is not kind. Once they know you give out the food they will really perk up when you come around.

Good luck with the bath and make sure to rinse well... don't want soapy residue.

Susan

For puppies learning to eat this is what I used:

Canned evaporated milk(NOT the sweetened condensed) mixed with puppy food. Put it in the blender. Our vet said you could add a little Karo syrup to get them eating but we never had to do that.

Definitely bath them to reduce the flea load - too many fleas can be dangerous to puppies.

They are CUTE!

Back
Top Bottom