Any experience with Frontline on chickens with mites?

Frontline is a great product for dogs and cats, but is NOT approved for any livestock in the USA. It will be in the eggs for the lifetime of the hen, and who knows how long in the meat. Permethrin spray is safe, easy to use, and approved for poultry. Also inexpensive. There's no reason to use an unapproved product when there's such an excellent alternative. Mary

I've used the Frontline Drops on my Chickens for years, its relay effective and doesn't seem to affect the eggs at all. So much more effective that using permethrins, which when used in sufficient quantities to kill the mite's seems to make the Chickens feel ill. I can see from the posts Frontline is also quiet popular with other Chicken keepers too. But i'm realy keen to know if anyone has any experience with the spray in particular.

Last edited:
Frontline is a great product for dogs and cats, but is NOT approved for any livestock in the USA. It will be in the eggs for the lifetime of the hen, and who knows how long in the meat. Permethrin spray is safe, easy to use, and approved for poultry. Also inexpensive. There's no reason to use an unapproved product when there's such an excellent alternative. Mary
Hello Mary

So i'm not entirely sure if you are saying that you have experience of using Frontline Spray on Chickens or not ?.. That was my question after all.

Rob

saying that you have experience of using Frontline Spray on Chickens or not ?.. That was my question after all.

Rob
we were just trying to tell you that:
...and did you know?..that Frontline carries a lifetime egg and meat withdrawal per FARAD.
but maybe you don't care about chemicals in your eggs?

Mary..... I did not wish to be rude, but your forcing my hand here. I did not ask you for your opinions on the use of Frontline itself, and would be grateful if you would please refrain from expressing them. Espeacialy as you seem to have no experience of Frontline on Chickens at all !...... I simply asked if anyone has had experience of using Frontline Spray ?. If not, an answer is not requierd, thankyou.

I do have experience of Frontline spot on and Permethrins spray when used on my Chickens. The Permethrins made the chickens lathargic and they went off their food for around a week. The Frontline had no detremental effect but did prevent mites from attacking them, in fact the mites went away totaly. You claim the chemical remains in the Chicken for life, that may or may not be so. However it seems to have no detremtal effect either to the Chicken, the Chicken's eggs nor myself or my Wife. So we will continue using Frontline in one form or another as it is a tried, tested and proven means of mite control.

I would still be gratefull to hear from anyone who has used Frontline Spray on Chickens Vs the Spot on ?.

Mary..... I did not wish to be rude, but your forcing my hand here. I did not ask you for your opinions on the use of Frontline itself, and would be grateful if you would please refrain from expressing them. Espeacialy as you seem to have no experience of Frontline on Chickens at all !...... I simply asked if anyone has had experience of using Frontline Spray ?. If not, an answer is not requierd, thankyou.

I do have experience of Frontline spot on and Permethrins spray when used on my Chickens. The Permethrins made the chickens lathargic and they went off their food for around a week. The Frontline had no detremental effect but did prevent mites from attacking them, in fact the mites went away totaly. You claim the chemical remains in the Chicken for life, that may or may not be so. However it seems to have no detremtal effect either to the Chicken, the Chicken's eggs nor myself or my Wife. So we will continue using Frontline in one form or another as it is a tried, tested and proven means of mite control.

I would still be gratefull to hear from anyone who has used Frontline Spray on Chickens Vs the Spot on ?.
This is a public discussion forum....anyone can chime in at any time to share their knowledge and express their opinions.

The lifetime residue has been cited via testing by
Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank​
...go to farad.org to learn more.
Long term and short term detrimental effects of chemicals in food animals is not always visual.
Why your birds reacted negatively to premethrins could be for many reasons,
application error would be my first guess as many have used it with no ill effects.

I suggest you start a new thread titled "Frontline Spray Vs the Spot on" to get the specific info you seek.
You can state in your thread that you only want comment regarding the titled info.....but there's no guarantee that is all you'll get.

Back
Top Bottom